Monday, September 17, 2007

Paintergate 2007 - Day 17: For those out of the loop, there has been a certain amount of drama surrounding the painting of my apartment. I was originally given the thumbs up that it would be painted before I moved in (42 days ago). It took them three weeks to send me the notice that the painters were coming (21 days ago). So I moved all of my earthly effects into the centre of their respected rooms. The painters were supposed to come that Friday (17 days ago). They didn't. I called my super and he said they would be there the following Tuesday (14 days ago. They didn't. They finally arrived that Thursday (12 days ago) to patch up holes. One would think that they would return the following day to then actually paint and that no one in there right mind would leave and think it appropriate to have an apartment patchy for any period of time. They did. I called the agency a week later (5 days ago) to say "wtf?" and the 3rd-runner-up-for-the-lead-in-Hairspray-lookalike at reception, upon hearing that I had been living like a small burrowing woodland creature (props to Gloria) for the past two weeks, giggled nervously and said that there had been a (and this is a direct quote) "painting emergency" at one of their other buildings. After verbally anally raping her over the phone (that's a lie. My form of vigilanteism is nothing more than a passive-aggresive annoyed tone of voice) she informed me that the painters would be there the next day (4 days ago) or Monday (today). I'm at work and have yet to see for myself, but I'm not optimistic. I really need to call upon Lisa Nichols and the The Secret team to help me call the painting of my apartment into existence.

Update: I just got home. They didn't.

1 comment:

Michael Park said...

I'm loving the concept of a "painting emergency"! Anyway, I do hope that by now you have been painted and are happy...